Join our team of passionate people!
Do you dream of making a major impact on peoples’ lives? Do you love working with a team to improve the function of peoples’ home so they can love where they live? If you enjoy working with your hands and want to be a part of a large undertaking like a home remodel, you belong on our team!
Make An Impact
At Kliethermes Homes & Remodeling, we bring our clients’ dream homes to life – whether that means building a new home or remodeling their current one. From our project coordinator meeting with the client and walking them through the process, to our whole production team working through the remodel, and everyone in between, we all get to impact peoples’ lives daily.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- CAFE Plan
- Retirement Plan
- Vehicle Allowance
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Continuing Education
- Company Events
After more than 40 years in the industry, our family-owned business is still dedicated to growth. We believe that our people are the foundation for our continued success. We invest in you to help you be the best you can be.
KHR provides diverse career development and training opportunites for our employees. From client and co-worker communication training, travelling to industry-leading trade shows, touring product manufacturing facilities, and classes on job-specific skills like window installation and siding installation, KHR helps our employees be a well-rounded worker.
“Our culture is very team oriented. We all collaborate very well together in order to get that final result which is a happy client, which is, in turn, going to give us happy employees.”
Interior Designer / Selection Coordinator
“There is a lot of information that changes hands so we all have got to understand what each other needs and make sure we have each other’s backs and make sure everyone has the things that they need to do their jobs. I think we do a good job of that!”
“A lot of our trades are the same, we get to know people, we become friends, we go on fishing trips together and have company parties together. It really becomes a good time.”
If you’re interested in discovering if your knowledge, skills and abilities fit our company, fill out the form below and submit your resume. We’re always looking for great people to help grow our team!
The Lead Carpenter is a highly responsible position and is a direct report to the Project Manager (PM). Lead Carpenter is directly responsible for the on-site project management and is required to possess the highest level of carpentry, scheduling, project budget, subcontractor management and jobsite safety skills. Lead Carpenter must maintain regular client contact and ensure that company policies and procedures are upheld. This position is responsible for maintaining customer satisfaction throughout the project, within the means of the construction contract.
- Review job schedule with (PM)
- Attend project review
- Work with (PM) to create realistic job schedule
- Receive and review job folder with (PM)
- Confirm all long lead items have been ordered or selected
- Pre-schedule work and subcontractors in order to maintain project schedules
- Participate in pre-construction conference, jobsite inspections with the (PM)
- Perform on site build at the highest level, as required.
- Supervise laborers, carpenters and subcontractors, including participating in performance reviews. Make work assignments, monitor quality, and motivate crew. Must command respect of work crew.
- Expedite timely completion of the work to maintain schedule and budget goals.
- Ensure jobsite safety, protection and maintenance of company tools
- Maintain discipline of employees and subcontractors on job. Lead Carpenter is responsible for maintaining correct dress and behavior standards on the job.
- Train carpenters
- Read and interpret paperwork, including all plans and specifications, purchase orders, subcontractor work orders, and cost updates. Bring questions, discrepancies and unusual conditions to the attention of the (PM)
- Provide necessary information to (PM) for change order requests at time of request from client.
- Understand change order procedure and ensure that all change orders are written up and signed prior to implementation.
- Work with (PM) on change orders to determine which tasks can be accomplished by KHR including amount of time and cost for materials and labor.
- Have accurate understanding of the scope of work for each project assigned to you as Lead Carpenter
- Maintain job folder, collect plans, construction documentation, engineering letters, etc.
- Request help as required, anticipating the need for additional carpenters so they can be scheduled in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for reporting late subcontractors, discipline problems, problems with schedules and communicating with (PM) of job status.
- Order materials not already ordered for project
- Assists layout of footings, slab and concrete flatwork.
- Assist layout of walls, floors, ceilings and rafters.
- Squares out basements, frames and aligns all walls.
- Have a good understanding of framing techniques for the entire home to include (but not limited to): wall, floor and ceiling framing, deck framing, roof framing, stair framing and miscellaneous light framing
- Have a good understanding of interior and exterior trim to include (but not limited to): door and window casing and installation, base trim and crown molding, closet shelves, installation of cabinetry and accessories, shutters and exterior accessories.
- Work off a written schedule of projects and deadlines using a daily, weekly and monthly format; keeping track of hours worked at each job.
- Attends weekly production and safety meetings.
- Works with other employees and subcontractors as a team.
To apply, please fill out the following form, attaching both a resume and a cover letter or print this form.
Just a few steps away from your free consultationContact Us Today
DESIGN TIPS FOR YOUR HOME
You found your dream home. Sure, it needs some work, but you’re willing to spend the time and money it takes to turn your fixer-upper into the home you’ve always wanted. Before you start picking out paint samples and flooring, however, you’ll need to decide how you want to tackle your remodeling project. Should I remodel while living…
Click Here to Read More