This is a highly responsible “Laborer” position. This person has four “Support” leadership responsibilities in the following roles, “Vision,” “Management,” “Professional/Technical” and “Lifestyle.” This person is responsible for efficiently and effectively performing his/her duties, even the smallest details, with an enthusiasm that encourages association members and potential association members to join Kliethermes Homes & Remodeling. This person follows the project plans and evaluates the day-to-day progress of projects. He/She performs advanced carpentry duties and responsibilities.
This is a “Safety Sensitive” position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Vision Responsibilities
- Provides insights, ideas, thoughts, numeric data, technical information and personal wisdom that supports and shapes the KH&R vision.
- Provides personal input that supports his/her individual dreams and hopes.
- Provides insight from the customer’s perspective to help insure the attainment of the KH&R vision.
- Cooperates with all personnel.
- Brings out the best in those around him/her by encouraging other KH&R personnel to successfully serve clients.
- Ensures he/she is using his/her time effectively and efficiently.
- Ensures he/she is using his/her manager’s time appropriately.
- Ensures he/she is using his/her peers’ time appropriately.
- Ensures he/she is using the customers’ time appropriately.
- Ensures he/she is using his/her equipment and supplies effectively and efficiently.
- Assists layout of footings, slab and concrete flatwork.
- Assist layout of walls, floors, ceilings and rafters.
- Squares out basements, frames and aligns all walls.
- Installs beams, floor joists, sub-floors, frames, plumbs and aligns walls.
- Installs ceiling joists and rafters,
- Installs plywood and siding.
- Hangs and trims exterior and interior doors.
- Trims all windows.
- Installs closet cleats and shelving.
- Installs base, stair railing, crown molding and miscellaneous mill trim.
- Installs kitchen and bath cabinets, countertops, knobs, miscellaneous trim and fixtures.
- Installs fireplace mantle.
- Installs shutters, house numbers and miscellaneous exterior trim.
- Installs windows and doors.
- Installs sheet rock nailers, cripples, braces, fur out heat ducts.
- Builds stairs and decks.
- Maintains a written schedule of projects and deadlines using a daily, weekly and monthly format; keeping track of hours worked at each job.
- Attends weekly production and safety meetings.
- Works with other employees and subcontractors as a team.
- Adheres to and self-manages himself/herself to KH&R policies and procedures.
- Adheres to KH&R core values.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma/ GED, or three years experience in the building construction business and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write notes to other KHR personnel and to customers.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, clients, customers, and KHR personnel.
- Must be fluent in speaking and understanding English.
- Ability to use a personal computer to email information.
- Ability to perform above average skills in trim work.
- Ability to perform above average skills in framing work.
- Ability to perform above average skills in mounting kitchen cabinets, bathroom cabinets and other like fixtures through out the homes.
- Ability to perform basic skills in drywall.
- Ability to understand basic plumbing procedures.
- Ability to understand basic electric procedures.
- Ability to perform basic skills in concrete work.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as mark-ups, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic geometry.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must own or have daily access to a small pickup truck, including devices to haul ladders.
- Must possess a valid State of Missouri Driver’s License.
- Must have a driving record that will allow the person to drive a KHR vehicle.
- Knowledge of building products.
- Must own tools necessary to perform responsibilities.
- Understands the features and benefits of construction techniques and building materials.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to:
- Use his/her hands to hold tools, type in information on a computer, and hold on to wood or other building material products.
- Reach and lift building material products and place them in trucks and other vehicles.
- Lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Move building material products up to 100 pounds using the assistance of wheeled carts or other devices.
- Climb stairs and ladders.
- Talk and hear others.
- Have close, distant and color vision.
- Sit in vehicle or at a desk for extended periods of time.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally:
- works near moving mechanical parts
- in outside weather conditions (hot, cold, rain, snow, icy, muddy, unimproved driving and operational services)
- is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals
- is occasionally at risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is loud.